Warehouse refurbishment, office space / 1,1m, 9 months / Adams Aviation Supply Co. Ltd., New Addington, Surrey
This was a negotiated contract on cost plus basis. We were invited to tender at a late stage on a recommendation from a local surveyor as a good value contractor. The initial budget was £650 k however once the work started it was apparent that this was not a realistic budget figure. It was decided that a cost plus basis would suit client and contractor. We gave a discount on works carried out over and above contract sum. The works comprised of refurbishing a 20,000 square feet warehouse:
- design and build an extra 10,000 square feet 1st floor office space making the total area 30,000 square feet,
- demolition of half the existing roof,
- a new steel structure,
- new floors, walls and roof,
- installed new power, data to include Cat 5 cabling for 60 person call centre,
- designed and installed a new air-conditioning hot and cold air system.
We then refurbished the existing warehouse and then clad the whole building with new kingspan cladding system.